01. Seed propagated
02. Annual in habit and bushy in growth.
03. Precocious bearing-within eight months
04. High productivity (250-350 fruits / tree / year)
05. Spread harvest (4 months) -Better prices
06. Pods green and fleshy and non-bitter.
07. Uniform fruit length (1mt) -Easy packing.
08. Pods non-fibrous and seeds soft even in late harvests.
09. Seeds non-bitter unlike perennial types.
10. Long shelf life (10-12 days) at room temperature.
11. Minimal pod damage in transit due to rubbery texture.
12. Amenable for intercropping in young orchards
13. Suitable for alley cropping (vegetables and pulses)
14. Amenable for ratooning twice.
15. Low cost of productio
16. Free from hairy caterpillar and gumming.
17. Soil enrichment through leaf litter-Better successive crops.
18. Suitable for oil extraction (30-35% ) .
19. Preferred for curry powder making.
20. Better consumer preference-low fibre, good storage quality, non-bitter.